Saturday, May 8, 2010

Blondie/Giorgio Moroder

Blondie was the top American punk/new wave band of the late 1970s and early 1980s. Led by singer Debbie Harry and her partner, guitarist Chris Stein, the New York-based group mixed a number of genres--including pop, rock, bubblegum, surf, and disco--into a powerful chart mix.

The group had four #1 records during their brief chart lifespan, and this was one of them, the title song to the movie "American Gigolo." The second side is credited to writer/producer Giorgio Moroder, although Blondie can be heard on this song, which is mainly an instrumental.

Although I really like Blondie, I remember opting to buy their albums rather than their singles, because I liked just about every track on their first few LPs.

I bought this particular single because I noticed the two different sleeves. By the way, the one with Richard Gere came first.

Blondie - Call Me.mp3
Giorgio Moroder - Call Me.mp3




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

avandia lawsuit